I tested elements of the electric kiln last week. I set the kiln to “the fast glaze”, and turned on for 30 minutes with the lid open. All elements are lit, so the elements are fine.  I checked the thermocouple, and replaced one in the middle with one in the top, and placed a new thermocouple on the top.  I will bisque tomorrow to see how it works.

P1060788

I had the glaze fire on Friday, and opened the kiln today.  All looked good, except one piece.  I am very happy.  When I draw the sample at the end of firing, the clay got lots of carbon (gray),  reduced too much. I had some pieces at the front of the kiln had crawling started slightly.  I will place three test pieces at the next firing, and draw them at the different stage of the firing to see when it collecting the carbon.

P1060807

One Thought on “Electric kiln 3”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *