I have been sickly last two weeks. Change of season, I guess. I think the fall is dragging long this year, and we finally had a couple of frost this week.  I have been working lightly.

I got the refractory clay body for the sagger. It felt like throwing a sandpaper, but threw well. I hope this last longer then 4-5 firings.

I had fourth firing in one month this week, I think this is my record. I did not lose any piece due to oxidation, but one teapot, sort of.  I tried to glaze differently, and came out just bad. I totally forgot that the turquoise glaze turned to red if glazed over the white glaze.  I might try adding a decal on this teapot.

teapot 26
Teapot 27 fired
Refractory clay

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *