I spent last weekend reading through the blogs and watching the videos of demonstration. I was amazed amounts of information out there, like attending the several workshops at once. It was lots to absorb. I picked up one great idea from Tony Clennell’s blog , a thin bat with a hole in middle, to cover the large platter, preventing the edge from lifting up while drying up the middle. I am having this problem, and only solution has been to leave it under the plastic for 3-4 days before trimming, but I do not have luxury to have couple of these sitting around in my tiny studio. I went Home Depot and got 1/4″MDF board, and made one bats. I threw a platter today, and use the bat tomorrow. I noticed several potters have converted from cone 10 to cone 6. This makes me to think…. If I can convert, I can bring the studio back to home, something to think about it. To test the glaze, I need a small test kiln. I saw it on the craiglist, but was not quick to respond.
Web of information